Island Health Physiotherapists
Island Health physiotherapists are all highly skilled and experienced in treating a variety of conditions with extensive knowledge and clinical expertise. All our therapists are HCPC registered and members of the Chartered society of physiotherapy.
The team are all passionate about providing individualised care and are committed to work with you to achieve your rehabilitation goals. This can include restoring movement, reducing pain, and increasing strength and flexibility. Whether it's getting back to running, recovering from childbirth or bladder symptoms due to perimenopause/ menopause, playing your favourite sport or being able to just get on with your day without pain and play with the grandkids. The team have the skills and expert knowledge to assist you to achieve these goals.
At Island Health all our physiotherapists can refer direct for ultrasound scanning, injection therapy and work alongside our specialist musculoskeletal consultant, Dr Craig Sheridan. They also work closely with GPs and other healthcare professionals. This ensures you are receiving quick, individualised care and diagnosis to optimise your recovery.
The team treat a variety of problems including:
- Back pain, acute and chronic
- Neck pain, acute and chronic
- Sport injuries acute and chronic
- Shoulder pain
- Post operative rehabilitation
- Pelvic pain
- Female Stress incontinence
- Pre and post pregnancy related back pain and issues with bladder dysfunction
- Knee injuries
- Dizziness and vestibular dysfunction
- Foot and Ankle injuries/problems
- General aches and pains
The services include:
- Thorough assessment of your condition.
- Manual therapy, including mobilisations, soft tissue techniques and manipulation.
- Individual Rehabilitation exercise programmes that are patient focused, progressive and evidence based
- Shockwave therapy for tendon problems including tennis elbow and Achilles
- Dry needling
- Traditional Chinese acupuncture
- Mummy MOT
- Clinical Pilates
- Ergonomic desk assessments
- Pelvic floor rehabilitation
- Vestibular rehabilitation for dizziness, BPPV,
We offer appointments at all 3 surgeries.
Island Health is recognised by AXA PPP, Bupa International, Forresters, Oddfellows, WPA, ALLIANZ, Aetna.